These homemade oven-baked oat bars for dogs are super easy to make and a healthy snack that my dogs love!
Making healthy homemade dog treats doesn’t have to be hard and you don’t need any special cookie cutters or ingredients to make them a healthy treat baked right in your own oven.
These blueberry oat bars only require a few common ingredients and they bake up nice and crunchy in 40 minutes.
Homemade Blueberry Oat Bars For Dogs
Ingredients You Need
- 1 1/2 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter (no xylitol)
- 1 cup of wild blueberries (or fresh blueberries)
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp of flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1 tbsp of organic honey
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Add 1 cup of old-fashioned oats, coconut oil and peanut butter to a blender or food processor
- Blend ingredients together
- Transfer blended ingredients to a mixing bowl
- Add in blueberries, flaxseed meal, honey and the other 1/2 cup of oats.
- Stir until ingredients are blended
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment-lined baking pan ( I used a 9×9 dish)
- Press the mixture down using a spoon or spatula so it creates an even layer in the baking pan
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- Cool completely
- Cut into bars and serve to your dog
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
This recipe made 8 blueberry granola bars for us.
You can make the bars as big or as small as you need for your individual dog.
I used frozen wild blueberries which I rinsed and thawed before adding them to the mixture.
If you’re using fresh blueberries you might need to add 1 (or more) tbsp of water to the oat mixture.
As always, these homemade blueberry oat bars for dogs should be fed in moderation and if you have any questions about adding new foods to your dog’s diet, you should always reach out to your veterinarian first.